Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Samsung Galaxy Gear now available for just Rs. 14,999

Samsung Galaxy Gear now available for just Rs. 14,999

Here is a good news for all Smartwatch fans who wanted to buy Samsung Galaxy Gear but because of its unexpected price (Rs. 23000) during the launch, were not able to buy it. As it seems like the sale of Galaxy Gear has came extremely down, Samsung today offered a huge price cut and brought down the price upto Rs. 14,999/- only.

Yes, it is official. Galaxy Gear is not officially available at just 15K, which means they have provided Rs. 8K discount. Now it seems good and may boost up the sales again. Personally, i dont think the Gear is so bad to fail in the market. I dont know why it didnt received the hit although it was released with Note 3 and now it is also compatible with number of Galaxy devices.

I guess one reason for failing it could be because it is depended on a Parent device like Galaxy Note 3, S4, S3 and few more. Although we can do lots of things with the Smartwatch itself, after going to a level, it requires a smartphone to get all the job done. Anyways, lets see if Samsung can offer anything to fix this drawback.

Apart from all this, now i'm surely gonna buy one Gear as a companion for my Note 3.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Samsung Galaxy Gear now available for just Rs. 14,999

Well there could be several reasons which led the smartwatch not doing well in the market and the most important reason could be its Battery life. Although, under Samsung's normal tests it worked for 25 to 27 hours, but actually as per our usage, it never goes over 18 to 20 hours. So, i think if you are doing somewhere night out, you need to carry the charger along with you.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Gear now available for just Rs. 14,999

I agree with you too, battery is the main problem with Gear..apart from that i love it. It has so many useful applications, allows you to record HD videos right from your watch, allows you making calls and lots more. I find it very convenient because carrying such as large sized Note 3 in your hands, is quite uncomfortable but thanks to galaxy Gear, it makes the job easier.

I'm sure they will increase the price again for Smartwatches once they come up with upgraded version. As you know Galaxy Gear is just version 1, there is lots more to come such as S series or Note series.