Thread: Metro Apps Error 'This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more details'

Metro Apps Error 'This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more details'

I need some urgent help from you all. As you can read the title, i'm unable to open any application from Metro screen of my Windows 8.1 running laptop. Every time i click any of those application, it gives me an error message "This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more details." I dont know what to check in the app store.

I upgraded to windows 8.1 about a month ago and the problem started appearing since past 4 days. So far everything was working perfectly fine. No problem at all. I have no idea what went wrong suddenly. Hope somebody from here can help me out with this.

Re: Metro Apps Error 'This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more details'

Quote Originally Posted by Sabhya View Post
    Every time i click any of those application, it gives me an error message "This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more details." I dont know what to check in the app store.
    First of all i would like to say that Microsoft has made Windows 8 really very smart. Now coming to your point "What to check", after getting that error when you go to the store, it will tell you the exact problem cause, so that you can troubleshoot it using the built-in troubleshooter and fix the problem. So, what you need to do is open the store and see what does it tells you.

Re: Metro Apps Error 'This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more details'

I appreciate your help friend, there is a new problem. When i went to store, i got a new error saying "This app needs to be repaired. There is a problem with this app. Windows Store can try to repair the app for you." Also there is no troubleshooter i can see around here to fix this. Any help please?

Seems like there is some problem with the store itself. You should try running the troubleshooter. Bring up the Charms bar, type troubleshoot in search box, click on Apps and select Windows Store. Let the system troubleshoot itself.

If the problem persists even after this, you should try restoring system back to the most recent data where store was working fine. Hopefully this should fix the problem.

I have been through this problem earlier on my win 8 laptop. While searching fix for the same, i came across Microsoft's own tool named "AppsDiagnostic.diagcab". I ran this tool and followed the onscreen instructions. problem fixed. I think you should give it a try.