Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: RoboForm Password Manager not working with Internet Explorer 11

RoboForm Password Manager not working with Internet Explorer 11

Is it just me or any one else has the same problem?

I'm using Roboform to save all my accounts passwords. I'm using this password manager since long time with my browsers. Now there is a problem since i upgraded my Internet Explorer to latest version, IE 11. Updaing IE went fine, roboform installation went fine, but when i launch any website that requires my User Name/ password, Roboform just wont appear. Also there is no roboform toolbar as well in the upper area of the browser. Earlier it use to be there.

I'm sure about Roboform's functionality because it is working still good with firefox and chrome. So there is no problem with the password manager but there is something wrong with Internet Explorer itself. Any help please?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: RoboForm Password Manager not working with Internet Explorer 11

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Is it just me or any one else has the same problem?

I'm using Roboform to save all my accounts passwords. I'm using this password manager since long time with my browsers. Now there is a problem since i upgraded my Internet Explorer to latest version, IE 11. Updaing IE went fine, roboform installation went fine, but when i launch any website that requires my User Name/ password, Roboform just wont appear. Also there is no roboform toolbar as well in the upper area of the browser. Earlier it use to be there.

I'm sure about Roboform's functionality because it is working still good with firefox and chrome. So there is no problem with the password manager but there is something wrong with Internet Explorer itself. Any help please?
    Hi Richard
    I have the same problem by a different route: have been using IE11 for a while and RoboForm as my home page. Today it stopped working for no apparent reason. RoboForm still fills passwords on pages that I open, but the RoboForm home doesn't open. I have not made any system changes recently other than MS standard automatic updates.

Richard: further to my last post, my RoboForm home page has come back for me. As mysteriously as it vanished. Do you still have a problem?

Good to hear your problem solved itself. I'm still with the problem. Hope somebody can provide me some help.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Updaing IE went fine, roboform installation went fine, but when i launch any website that requires my User Name/ password, Roboform just wont appear. Also there is no roboform toolbar as well in the upper area of the browser. Earlier it use to be there.
    Many times updating one thing effects another thing. So what i can suggest you at the moment is just tried re-installing RoboForm. It should work fine.

Internet Explorer 10 has an increased Security level compared to its earlier versions. Hence if you are facing any problems with Add-ons in IE 10, you need to first enable a feature called “Enable Third Party browser extension” to fix it. Here is the step by step process to do the same:

• Go to Desktop, launch Internet Explorer 10 (Desktop Version)
    • Now click Tools > Internet options > Advanced tab.
    • Here under Browsing section, uncheck the box saying “Enable third-party browser extensions”
    • Restart the browser and you are done.