Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Motorola Moto G India release date and price

Motorola Moto G India release date and price

Hello,

I saw some videos on Youtube about Motorola Moto G and it really seems good with the latest Android 4.4.2 (rolled out recently) at such cheap price. I tried to buy it here in India but none of the e-commerce portal including Flipkart has this device for sale. It seems like the device is still not launched in India.

Any idea when are they going to launch Moto G in India? They launched it back in November in US, Singapore and other countries. It is almost 2 months and no sign on India launch. I'm waiting for this device since long time. Can anyone here please provide some info or approximate date for the same? So that i can go with some another smartphone. If Moto G is coming soon in India then it's good. Also what will be the cost of the same in our country?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Motorola Moto G India release date and price

Good question Razorback. Not just you, there are many more people including me who are waiting for Moto G in India. And why not if they get a smartphone at just 11K to 13K with powerful specifications such as 4.5 inch HD display with Corning Gorilla Glass, 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 1GB of RAM and Adreno 305 GPU.

Anyways, according to the resources the Moto G's launch in India is set to be somewhere in mid January 2014. Let's wait and watch. Just 2 more weeks to go.

Quote Originally Posted by NokDroid View Post
    Anyways, according to the resources the Moto G's launch in India is set to be somewhere in mid January 2014. Let's wait and watch. Just 2 more weeks to go.
    You are correct NokDroid. Motorola Mobility itself confirmed on Twitter saying the device will hit India in early Jan itself. Have a look at this:

Thank you very much for the help and such great info guys.. that's all i wanted to know. Very helpful.

He Sam, according to that tweet, the phone should have been in the market so far right? But there doesn't seems to be any sign as of now for Moto G. Are they releasing it in India or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Gambheer View Post
    He Sam, according to that tweet, the phone should have been in the market so far right? But there doesn't seems to be any sign as of now for Moto G. Are they releasing it in India or not?
    Yes, it should have been released as of now but due to some reasons, the launch is delayed and now it will be released in the last week of this month. At the ongoing CES 2014 (Consumer Electronics Show) a Motorola official confirmed this to Times Of India saying 'last week of this month'. So we have to wait for more 10 days.

Here is a small update for Motorola Moto G. Finally Moto G is all set to hit the Indian Market tomorrow, that is February 5th. Motorola has decided to launch the device in India in association with Flipkart, who is obviously the E-Commerce giant in India. They have already sent invitations to several publisher with Date, Time and venue. It is February 5th, 11:30 AM.