Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How do I Root my Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V ?

How do I Root my Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V ?

Hey guys... Am having a very short question. I recently I bought a Xperia Neo V. Its amazing in features and functionality but as we all know every phone has some limitations that can be broke by Rooting. I have seen may articles on web about rooting also many of my friends have rooted their devices but as this is my first ever Android I donít wanna take any risk or make break my phone. Could you guys please help me rooting my Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V? Help appreciated.

Re: How do I Root my Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V ?

Well Rooting is risky for sure but if done successfully its obvious very useful. Below are the steps you need to follow for rooting your Xperia Neo V:

• First of all you will need Android SDK for the rooting process. So download Android SDK from here. You need to install this in your Windows PC.
    • Now, you will also require fastboot as well as Xperia USB Driver in your phone.. Download Fastboot from here and install it in your phone along with updating your phones driver.
    • Once you finished installing both stuff, copy the files from the fastboot folder and paste in the androidsdk/tools path.
    • Also you will required Recovery Image to go ahead with the process. Download it from here and paste it to to androidsdk/tools path.
    • Now its time to start the actual process. Start with copying the root Xperia in your memory card and turn off the mobile.
    • Now connect the device with your computer and press the Menu Key to bring the device in to the fastboot mode.
    • Once done with this, Press ‘Win+R’ key to open the command prompt on your computer and type the commands step by step mentioned below:
      Code:
      cd/
      cd/androidsdk/tools
      fastboot devices (you must see the SN of your device)
      fastboot boot recoveryNeo.img
      fastboot reboot
    • You will see the your smartphone is booting up in the recovery mode.
    • Once in recovery mode, select “install zip from sdcard”.
    • You will get a list of files where you need to select “rootxperia.zip” by press the power key.
    • Now reboot the device by pressing the Back key and you are done.

Also checkout: How to Root Sony Tablet S.

Re: How do I Root my Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V ?

Well Rahul... i think its the great and easy tutorial for rooting your mobile device. Go ahead and let us know if you get any problem during the process.

Also check the Advantages and Disadvantages of Rooting Android Mobiles.