Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to Dual Boot Lenovo IdeaTab Lynx K3011W with Android and Windows 8.1

How to Dual Boot Lenovo IdeaTab Lynx K3011W with Android and Windows 8.1

I got a new Lenovo IdeaTab Lynx K3011W. This tablet has Windows 8.1 on it. The tablet works really fine and has a good touch support also. I am trying to dual boot this tablet with Android x86. I had installed Virtualbox on the same. And it is working. There was no issue in the setup.

But when I try to install Android x86 on it, I having a bit issue with using the touch. I had downloaded the right version of android that might support tablet. I can start but I cannot operate it properly.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to Dual Boot Lenovo IdeaTab Lynx K3011W with Android and Windows 8.1

You are testing a stock OS. That means it does not have driver for working with your touch support. It will only boot and give you minimum benefits. For using android you need one which is optimized to work with touch based devices. You are still trying to run a desktop version of android on the tablet. It will not give you proper support and will remain improper on touch usage. Try to test some other edition of android.

You can try using a keyboard. That is going to work fine. But on touch it will not work well. I had tested the same thing on Samsung Ativ Smart pc. I had installed a virtual box. And I am using an old version of Android OS on the same.

I am testing Gingerbread on it. It is very slowing responsive. You cannot expect to run android better on Windows Platform. I hope in coming time we can get some tool through which we can run both the OS side by side.

There is a big difference between android and windows platform. I had seen people doing this and not able to get the right kind of output as per their expectation. It is a bit complicated to handle both the os side by side.

On android tablet it is far easier to boot different os and use them. But on Windows things are entirely different. If you try to do that on the boot loader level you might spoil your entire system.