Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Dolby Audio driver not working in Windows 8.1

Dolby Audio driver not working in Windows 8.1

Hey guys, i need some help from you all. I am using a Lenovo laptop. It came with Windows 7 pre-installed. Later on I got update notification for installing Windows 8 on the same. So I ran the upgrade. It worked well and there was no issue at the time of setup. Later on I started with updating all the drivers.

Everything is working except Dolby Home Theater. This thing was working before on Windows 7, but not it is not working on Windows 8. I am getting error when I am trying to start it. Any help please?

Re: Dolby Audio driver not working in Windows 8.1

The problem lies with the update. That can be resolved.

For that first go in Device Manager. Right click on My Computer and click on Manage. In that click on Device Manager. On the right side you have to look for Sound, Video and Games Controllers. Click the plus sign to expand the selection. Then in that look for Conexant Smart Audio HD and right click on it. Choose Uninstall. Once done go on Action and then click on Scan. Windows will try to automatically install the audio component. Right click again on that and choose update drivers.

Thats it, you are done.

Download Dolby Home Theater software on your pc and install it. This tool comes with required component to run the service. It is necessary that the audio driver must be active and working in your system .If that is not proper then you will face the problem. I am giving you the download link below. Go on the website and download fresh software. It will resolve the issue.

Download.

It is a driver bug. It looks the audio hardware is not compatible with Windows 8. I will recommend you to check for Windows Update. I think this is going to give you the required files. If you have the laptop driver system with you then you can use that also to fix the issue.

You just have to go Device Manager as mentioned above, right click on Conexant Smart Audio HD and choose update driver. Click on browser and give the location of laptop driver disc.