Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Unable to update MSE Virus and Spyware Definitions, Error Code 0xc80003f3 and 0X802440c

Unable to update MSE Virus and Spyware Definitions, Error Code 0xc80003f3 and 0X802440c

I am not able to understand the issue behind MSE failed update. I am having a Windows 7 system. It is a 64bit OS. I am getting an error suddenly when I am trying updating MSE. I donít use any other antivirus than this. The error which I am getting on the system is Error code: 0xc80003f3. I had tried to find out information on fixing the issue but I don't know much about technical stuff.

Can anyone help?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Unable to update MSE Virus and Spyware Definitions, Error Code 0xc80003f3 and 0X802440c

There is a solution for that which can resolve the problem. It is a bit easier. For that first you have to create a batch file. This can be created through notepad file. I am going to give you a certain set of commands that you have to copy paste in the notepad file and then save it in the same of sample.bat. So for that first copy paste the below thing in a notepad file. Once done run the file. The next thing you have to do is restart Windows update service. You have to turn it off first.

Before doing the same go in C:\windows. In this locate Software Distribution folder and rename it as SoftwareDistrubation.old. Then go in Administrative tool and restart Windows Update Service.

Code to copy inside notepad:
    regsvr32 MSXML3.dll /s
    net stop wuauserv
    cd /d %windir%\SoftwareDistribution
    rd /s /q DataStore
    net start wuauserv
    regsvr32 softpub.dll
    regsvr32 mssip32.dll

Re: Unable to update MSE Virus and Spyware Definitions, Error Code 0xc80003f3 and 0X802440c

Download and run Windows Update Diagnostic tool. I always run this tool whenever there is any problem in my system. The utility help to fix a set of different issue that I commonly face. This tool is designed to fix update issue. You don't have go ahead with any manual changes. I had provided the download link below. Run the tool under admin mode.