Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Windows 8 Photo App Error 'Something went wrong while trying to take this photo'

Windows 8 Photo App Error 'Something went wrong while trying to take this photo'

I upgraded my Win 8 system to the new Windows 8.1 successfully last week. Everything is working good and also got some new functionalists, but along i got a new problem as well. As my title explains, i am not able to use my Photo App anymore. Every time i try clicking any picture, it says "Something went wrong while trying to take this photo". Any idea why is it so?

This is the desktop and i'm using Logitech Webcam. This is the same webcam which was working great in windows 8 since a year. So what happened to it with Win 8.1? Please help.

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Re: Windows 8 Photo App Error 'Something went wrong while trying to take this photo'

Let me tell you that when you update to Windows 8.1, it actually removes all installed drivers like it use to be in Windows XP. Hence the very first thing you need to do is try updating all your drivers along with your Logitech webcam drivers. If that doesn't fixes the problem than try running the built-in hardware troubleshooting. If there is any problem with the hardware, the system with fix the problem itself.

Re: Windows 8 Photo App Error 'Something went wrong while trying to take this photo'

You may be right Sameer, but according to the error i guess it is the problem with the Photo App itself, probably some kinda writing issue with library itself. You should try fixing the library itself before going for anything else.

I tried running the hardware troubleshooter, unfortunately that didnít found anything and hence didnít fixed anything. The problem still remains.

Quote Originally Posted by Aadesh View Post
    You may be right Sameer, but according to the error i guess it is the problem with the Photo App itself, probably some kinda writing issue with library itself. You should try fixing the library itself before going for anything else.
    Hello Aadesh, can you please tell me specifically what I need to fix in the Library? It would be better if you let me know how to do it?

Thank you both for your helps.

You need to refresh your library. I think there is some corrupt file which is blocking the camera functionality. You can do this by :
    • Open Windows Explorer.
    • In left Pane, right click Pictures and click Delete.
    • Now right click Library and click Restore default Libraries.

Thatís it. Now try clicking images using Photo App. It should work fine.

Thank you very much for such a great help, armsTrong. That really worked like a charm. No problem with camera any more. Help appreciated.