Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Nokia Lumia 920 - turning off My Family settings

Nokia Lumia 920 - turning off My Family settings

Can anyone here please tell me what is My Family Settings in Windows Phone 8? Specially in Lumia 920? It is not allowing me to download anything from windows store. Can we disable it? If yes, please let me know how?

Thank you very much.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 - turning off My Family settings

It is a kind of Parenting control settings, which allows you to block unsuitable content for your kids or other family members from the store. If you want you can disable it any time by going to windowsphone.com > click the drop down next to your name > click My Family > change the settings from kid to parent. Thats it.

OK, i got it buddy. Thanks for explaining about "My Family". But i can be sure that neither i nor anyone else has done this on my account but somehow it is activated and not allowing me download apps. Can you please tell me how can i fix it?

I don’t understand how the “My Family” is blocking your downloads because it is setup for your kids and not for you. Make sure you are logged with your own Microsoft ID on your Lumia. If still you facing the problem, login to windowsphone.com, sign in with your Live ID, click My Family from the drop down and turn off My Family by deleting the IDs you can see there.

If you don’t find any other ID there, probably there would be some problem with your own Live Account. For your information, Microsoft needs you to be over 16 years old to download apps from Windows Phone Store. Check your account, make sure you have entered correct birth date, it should be at least 16 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by danger_rama View Post
    Microsoft needs you to be over 16 years old to download apps from Windows Phone Store. Check your account, make sure you have entered correct birth date, it should be at least 16 years old.
    I appreciate your help Patton. So this was the problem. By mistakenly I entered wrong year in my Microsoft account which was bringing me below 16 years. Thank you very much. Changed the date and now no problem downloading apps.