Thread: Screen rotation not working anymore in Nokia Lumia

Screen rotation not working anymore in Nokia Lumia

This is Lumia 520 i'm using since a month. Everything was working good until yesterday but nowi am with the first problem of this phone. The screen is not rotating anymore now. Any idea what could the reason?

Also let me tell you that i noticed this problem after installing about 8 to 10 applications and games from windows store. Can any of those application block this?

Please help.

Re: Screen rotation not working anymore in Nokia Lumia

Are you facing the problem with any particular apps or games? Or it is not rotating anywhere? I'm asking this because there use to be some games or apps that work only in horizontal or vertical interface, they wont rotate.

Quote Originally Posted by sezmalik View Post
    Are you facing the problem with any particular apps or games? Or it is not rotating anywhere?
    The rotation is working with few apps like Browser, Photo and few more but not with all apps. But it use to work before with these same apps as well. Why stopped suddenly? How to fix it?

If it is working with browser and other built-in apps, that means the problem is not with the phone but with those apps. Let me tell you that not alls apps supports screen rotation, they will either work only in Horizontal or Vertical mode. But as you are saying that it was working earlier, It could be some another problem as well. Probably with your software and this should be fixed by a soft reset. If you going to reset the phone just make sure you backup all your data.

Quote Originally Posted by Test User View Post
    If it is working with browser and other built-in apps, that means the problem is not with the phone but with those apps.
    It is not compulsory dude. First lets ask if he recently upgraded to Amber Update?

Im asking this because I have been through this problem and it started after upgrading to Amber. There are many such problems which users have reported after updating to the new Amber update. It is still very buggy. However you can try out the Soft reset. Not sure but it can fix your problem.