Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to move installed applications on Nokia Lumia SD Card

How to move installed applications on Nokia Lumia SD Card

I recently bought a new Nokia Lumia 650. This is my first ever Windows Phone, hence i was just wondering how do you move or install new applications directly on the SD Card in Windows Phone 8? Android devices has this feature built-in which helps you to keep your phone memory free and it results in better performance.

Is there any way we can do the same in Lumia 650? If yes, please let me know how? If it requires any external application, then also its ok.

Re: How to move installed applications on Nokia Lumia SD Card

Unfortunately moving or installing apps in SD Card is not available in any windows phone 8. Hope Microsoft will introduce this feature in future.

That's ridiculous. What you gonna do with the phones like Lumia 520 or 620 which have only 2GB of built-in memory? How many apps and games can you install in such small sized memory? I donít think it will allow you to install more than one high end game like Asphalt 8 that has over1GB of data. Microsoft or Nokia should work on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a Minor View Post
    How many apps and games can you install in such small sized memory? I donít think it will allow you to install more than one high end game like Asphalt 8 that has over1GB of data.
    You are absolutely correct krupal. That is the reason I always choose phones with bigger built-in storage. For example, as of now I am using Lumia 920 which has built-in 16GB memory. So you donít need to worry about installing number of apps and games.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a Minor View Post
    Android devices has this feature built-in which helps you to keep your phone memory free and it results in better performance.
    This is not available in all Android phones yet. Still there are over 10% phones which do not allow installing Apps on SD Card. This includes bigger brands as well like HTC. But thankfully, in Android you can root the devices in order to unlock this feature and thereafter it allows you to install or move installed apps in SD Card.

But yet again, in Windows Phone 8 you donít have any rooting kind of word so far. Microsoft has restricted the installation in memory card and there is no hack available yet.