Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Battlefield 3 battlelog's plugin wont install Internet Explorer 11

Battlefield 3 battlelog's plugin wont install Internet Explorer 11

I remember i use to play Battlefield 3 online using my IE browser. I was out for couple of months and when i returned back home, i ran windows update which brought new Internet Explorer version. Well, thats good but here is the problem. Now when i am trying to install the battlelog's plugin, it just wont gets installed. And hence i'm now no more able to play my game. Is there any fix for this? Please help.

Thank you.

Re: Battlefield 3 battlelog's plugin wont install Internet Explorer 11

I guess this could be because of ActiveX Filtering. Yeah, many times when you have ActiveX filtering enabled, it may block or disable online video streaming or online gaming. So if this is the reason in your case, I will suggest you to try disabling this filter particularly for Steam.

You can do this by opening Steam website in IE 11, after the page is loaded completely click the Filter button located inside the Address Bar (next to URL) and click Turn Off ActiveX filtering. Now see if you are able to play the game properly.

Quote Originally Posted by techguru View Post
    Yeah, many times when you have ActiveX filtering enabled, it may block or disable online video streaming or online gaming. So if this is the reason in your case, I will suggest you to try disabling this filter particularly for Steam.

You can do this by opening Steam website in IE 11, after the page is loaded completely click the Filter button located inside the Address Bar (next to URL) and click Turn Off ActiveX filtering. Now see if you are able to play the game properly.
    I appreciate your help, techguru, but that didn’t fixed the problem. I’m still not able to install the plugin. However, it is working good on Mozilla Firefox. But I would like to continue it on Internet Explorer if possible in anyway.

I would also like to one thing. While trying to play with Firefox, it doesn’t asked me or requires the battlelog plugin to run the game. Than why did Internet Explorer need the same? Thanks again.

Why a browser need a plugin and why the another browser doesn’t need the same, it completely depends on their functionality. We cannot do anything for that. As far as the problem is concerned with IE, just try out the following steps and see if it works for you:

• Launch IE 11 and hit F12 key on your desktop with IE on the screen.
    • A new pop up will appear. Simply click “Allow” here and select “emulation”
    • Now click on “user agent string”. This will allow you to select earlier version of Internet Explorer.
    • Simply select IE 10 or IE9 and try playing the game.

Hope it works for you.