Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Complete Black Screen after installing Windows 8.1

Complete Black Screen after installing Windows 8.1

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop. I was using Windows 7 on it but later I updated to Windows 8.1 for better features and functions. But when I installed Windows 8.1, I got a black screen with just a mouse cursor. And nothing happen after that. I thought it is very easy to install. I am having a very important data in my PC and I am worrying about losing my data. Because I am having recovery partition and if I run that I will lose my whole data. Please provide some working solution. Many thanks.

Re: Complete Black Screen after installing Windows 8.1

I think you can simply fix this problem by updating the Video Driver. For that first you have to reboot your system in Safe Mode. To get in Safe Mode, Restart your PC and Press F8 Key Continuously. In Safe Mode you will have to install the New Driver Version.

You can get the latest driver on the official website of your Laptop Manufacturer. Once your system has the latest driver reboot in normal Mode.

Re: Complete Black Screen after installing Windows 8.1

I am having a Dell System which came with Windows 8. Recently in news I had seen that Microsoft has released the new windows 8.1 upgrade. I thought this will be very beneficial to use this new operating system where I can get lot of new features. I already tried two times to install this new windows 8.1 update but it is not working.

At the first time when I installed I got the same black screen so I waited for a while that it will go automatically. But my PC was hanged. Later on I reinstall Windows 8.1 hoping that this time it will work properly but the same issue appeared. I had already spoiled my existing system which was working fine.

I am not having windows 8 installation CD and now I am stuck with a non working system. I almost tried everything I installed the latest driver, I had installed windows 8.1 twice and still nothing is working. So it looks windows 8.1 is not stable.