Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Intel Graphics Driver Crashes in Windows 8.1, please help

Intel Graphics Driver Crashes in Windows 8.1, please help

I work in a legal firm. The Company had provided us an Asus Laptop. It came with Windows 7 Operating System which was working fine and fast. But I saw, some of my colleagues using Windows Latest 8.1 Operating System. I thought it might be very useful to get the new os. So I upgraded it to Windows 8.1.

But when I run my Laptop it hangs and none of the videos work. I showed it to my friend he told me Intel graphics driver is crashing. This is because I had upgraded to the new Windows 8.1 Os.. I am unable to solve this problem. Kindly provide any help or advice.

Re: Intel Graphics Driver Crashes in Windows 8.1, please help

The issue lies with compatibility between the two OS drivers. You had upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1. I had seen the same incident in my friend Laptop when he upgraded to new version. And in his case the same graphic driver was crashing. One of his friends recommends who belong to a technical background, ask to format the whole Laptop and then run the new Windows 8.1 Operating system Installation. And he did the same. I advice you to format and run New Windows 8.1 Installation.

One of the best ways to get rid of this problem is to run fresh installation instead of upgrading it. Because due to upgrading the Operating System, the old versions drivers still remain in the pc. They are not upgraded.

At the time of running a program or software it creates the problem due to non-compatibility Every Operating System there is different drivers and you can find that on web.

The best and easy way I advise is directly go to the Laptop Manufacturers website and download the latest version of graphic drivers. Because it is the genuine and right place to check as well as it not time consuming. Or you can go for some handy software that can give you a direct driver update. One of them is Drive inspector. I hope this much solution will work in your case.