Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to block a Caller ID in Nokia Lumia 920

How to block a Caller ID in Nokia Lumia 920

Caller ID is a big issue on Nokia Lumia 920. I am unable to turn this thing off. I think this is eating my battery and my data pack also. Whenever I make a call or receive a call the Caller ID tries to show up the details of number. I do not want to this thing. I tried to locate the full details under the apps list but there is nothing like that available. Does anyone know how to turn this thing off. It looks it comes pre-configured in the mobile phone.

Re: How to block a Caller ID in Nokia Lumia 920

If there is no app associated with that then removing it is not possible. Most of the settings are done via an app only and you can tap on it for some second and you will get a drop down menu with uninstall option. But there is one more thing you can try.

You have to go in Settings first. In that look for Call/SMS. In that if check if there is any filter option available. You can locate settings to turn this thing off in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
    I tried to locate the full details under the apps list but there is nothing like that available. Does anyone know how to turn this thing off. It looks it comes pre-configured in the mobile phone.
    Run a phone update. This issue might resolve after running that. You can go in the settings panel and tap on phone update. There tap on check updates and done. The phone will try to find any pending updates and run it in the phone. This update is not going to touch your contacts, sms and any internal storage. It is very easy to use and adds more new thing in the phone. It also boosts the output. I will recommend you to try this once.

Go to the phone menu where you can see the list of apps installed in your device. In that you have to search for Call Settings. In that you can see an option called as Show my Caller ID. You have to tap on it and you will see a drop down menu from where you have to choose No One. That's all. This thing will stop working. If you are unable to find this in the settings and then go in Phone and at the bottom right you can see three dots. This will load additional menu.