Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Call of Duty: Ghosts Save Game Location on Windows

Call of Duty: Ghosts Save Game Location on Windows

Hey guys, just signed up, this is my very first post here. However i have been a user of this community since long time. Thank you all for such great gaming help here

I need a bit help from you. As my title says, i am looking for the save game directory of Call of Duty Ghosts on Windows 7. I am playing this game since yesterday on my computer which got crashed few hours ago. I dont know what is the problem but it is only booting up to BlueScreen thats it. I think re-installation can fix the problem and i will do the same but before formatting my windows i would like to backup my game progress. Fortunately i am able to boot into Safe Mode but unfortunately i am not getting my save game files.

So i request you guys to please let me know where is the save game directory located for Call of Duty Ghosts on Windows 7? Thank you very much in advance.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Save Game Location on Windows

Hello Ghosts, Welcome to TechDiscussion.

The save game directory for COD Ghosts in in hidden folder, hence you were not getting it. I doubt if it will be accessible from Safe Mode, but you have no choice rather than giving it a try. Here it is:

On windows 7, follow this path:

C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - Ghosts\players\profiles or saves (on 64bit windows)

OR

C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Activision\Call of Duty - Ghosts\players\profiles or saves (on 32bit windows)

For your information, AppData is hidden folder hence either you copy paste the above path in Windows Explorer or go to Windows Explorer > organize > Folders and Search Option > view > show hidden files to unhide the folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Survival Assassin View Post
    For your information, AppData is hidden folder hence either you copy paste the above path in Windows Explorer or go to Windows Explorer > organize > Folders and Search Option > view > show hidden files to unhide the folder.
    This hidden folder can also be accessed by simply opening Run Box (Win + R key), type "%appdata%" without quotes and hit Enter.

Hello gamers, just a small question. Can we play Call of Duty Ghost on Windows XP with pretty good gaming rig?

No way Allen. Windows XP is now almost outdated, even Microsoft has is topping services and updates for the same slowly then how you can think Game Developers with spend their millions of dollars for making games for XP. Anyways, the minimum requirement for Call of Duty Ghosts is Windows 7. Here is the complete System requirement list:

Minimum System Requirements:

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
    • RAM: 6 GB RAM
    • HDD: 40 GB HD space
    • Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better
    • Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
    • DirectX: 11
    • Internet: Broadband Internet connection and Steam and Online Multiplayer

Recommended System Requirements:

• CPU: Intel Core i5 680 @ 3.6GHz
    • RAM: 8 GB RAM
    • HDD : 40 GB HD space
    • Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 @ 4GB
    • Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
    • DirectX: DirectX 11
    • Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.

Do anyone here have Save game for this CoD ghosts? 40 to 50% will also do. Please share.

Thanks.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by HULK View Post
    Do anyone here have Save game for this CoD ghosts? 40 to 50% will also do. Please share.

Thanks.
    Hulk, Please check this thread of Call of Duty: Ghosts Save Game Download. Few members have already shared Save games and Trainers. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Survival Assassin View Post
    Hello Ghosts, Welcome to TechDiscussion.

The save game directory for COD Ghosts in in hidden folder, hence you were not getting it. I doubt if it will be accessible from Safe Mode, but you have no choice rather than giving it a try. Here it is:

On windows 7, follow this path:

C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - Ghosts\players\profiles or saves (on 64bit windows)

OR

C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Activision\Call of Duty - Ghosts\players\profiles or saves (on 32bit windows)

Hi! Can you help me regarding this save file? I've been looking for the 64bit windows but all i can see on Program Files (x86) is Yahoo! folder and dont have any Activision. I already have a save game on COD Ghosts. Can you help me? I'm a new member here.

Hello Buddy,

Let me clear you that there use to be two program files. One is "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Prog ram Files (x86)"\(which is hidden) and other is "C:\Program Files (x86)". So make sure you are checking under the first path, hidden one. Also hope you are using 64bit windows for the said location.

Quote Originally Posted by Saver View Post
    Hello Buddy,

Let me clear you that there use to be two program files. One is "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Prog ram Files (x86)"\(which is hidden) and other is "C:\Program Files (x86)". So make sure you are checking under the first path, hidden one. Also hope you are using 64bit windows for the said location.
    Hi! Thanks again for your reply. I already check the hidden files and i didn't see the Activision folder.
    Check my screenshot Buddy, i'm using 64bit operating system.