Why do people Root their Phones? Answer is by Rooting you get the Super user access to your root directory. "Rooting" is the process in which the limitations are removed and full-access is allowed. Root directory is the place where a user can change or modify mobile’s appearance or performance. That’s not everything, Rooting provides much more like you can optimized the ROM or flash different kernel. But yes, there are Disadvantages as well along with Advantages of Rooting.
Advantages of Rooting Android:
- What are ROMs: ROM created by developers is their own created version of Android, with customized UI, that changes your device experience. These ROMs can customize your icon colors , modify the app dock, you may even choose if you want to have an app menu or not, and may such things. As you can see in the below images. You can just increase your mobile potential and limitations with a ROM. There are many applications as well that can be installed only after Rooting like screenshot apps, overclocking apps, etc.
- Speed Optimization: As I said above, you can flash kernels, it is a kernel that command the processor about functionality about what to do and to do. So obviously by modifying it you can are automatically optimizing your mobile speed and processor speed with voltages.
- Baseband: You can even update the Basebands by Rooting of your Android smartphone. Those who don’t know, Baseband is feature that reins the radio on your device. By updating to the latest Basebands, you are optimizing the signal as well as quality of your phone calls.
- Appearance: We all know Android phones are attractive in looks as well. That’s the reason why people like it and go for Android Mobiles. If you found something that is not eye candy, rooting helps you to get rid of it. You can change icon color, theme color, and manu more things. You can even change the default layout with your preferred style.
- Loose Warranty: As soon as you rooted your mobile, forget about taking it for service or warranty work. You have killed your warranty on your own.
- Your phone can be Bricked: If anything goes wrong or you made any mistake while rooting, your phone will be dead. The phone is dead when it has been bricked.
- Security: As you got know that you need to flash the ROM for rooting, by doing so you run the risk of introducing a virus.