Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Samsung finally rolled out Android 4.3 JellyBean update for Galaxy S III GT-I9300

Samsung finally rolled out Android 4.3 JellyBean update for Galaxy S III GT-I9300

Samsung has finally rolled out the much awaited Android 4.3 JellyBean update for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. All Galaxy S3 and Note 2 users around the world were waiting for Android 4.2 update since past several months. Samsung also revealed several times that they will release the same soon but after the launch of Android 4.3 in August, Samsung dropped the idea of Android 4.2 and started working on Android 4.3. Finally after such a long wait, they released the update, only for Galaxy S3. Note 2 users still have to wait for couple of more weeks or a month.

The new Android 4.3 firmware update is available through OTA as well as through Kies. As of now Samsung has rolled out the update only in Ireland, rest of the countries are in que and may get the update soon. After Samsung starts rolling the update country wise, it may take some more time to get cleared by your carrier.

Talking about the new features in this Android 4.3 update, you will be happy to see the features list below. It brings you several new things combined from Android 4.2 as well as Android 4.3 which we have seen in Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S4. Yes, that's correct. You get many features from Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3 as well. Lets have a quick look at the new features brought by Android 4.3 Update to your GS3:

• Galaxy S4 S-Voice
    • Galaxy S4 Voice controls
    • Galaxy S4 Settings Panel - Tabbed
    • Galaxy S4 Screen modes (Adapt Display and Professional Photo)
    • New Driving mode
    • New Daydream feature
    • New Notification Centre bar
    • New Actionable notifications
    • New Samsung Keyboard
    • New Sound and Shot Camera Mode
    • ANT+ Support
    • GALAXY GEAR smartwatch Compatibility
    • TRIM: Better speed and stability
    • Built-in Move to SD Card support
    • Updated UI elements
    • Full screen Samsung apps
    • New Lockscreen with Multiple Widgets support
    • New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
    • Improved GPU support to enhance the gaming experience

You can get the complete details and screenshots of this New Features in this Article. Ireland users have already updated and enjoying the completely new Galaxy S3, i wish we get the same soon.
    Via
    Follow us on Facebook | YouTube | Google+ | Twitter

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Samsung finally rolled out Android 4.3 JellyBean update for Galaxy S III GT-I9300

Hello Moderator, than you very much for sharing the same. Finally i got some relief as i'm too a Galaxy S3 user and was still using the same Android 4.1.2 JellyBean while other cheap phones were running Android 4.2.

Anyways, i can wait for few weeks to get this update in India.

Re: Samsung finally rolled out Android 4.3 JellyBean update for Galaxy S III GT-I9300

Hey guys, if you are eager to get this Android 4.3 Update on your Galaxy S3 like me and dont want to wait for it to reach your region which may probably take couple of weeks or months, than you can also download this firmware right now from the Download Center. But Note, that you will need to flash the firmware manually on your own risk as this is the firmware released for Ireland for international version (Exynos) of S3.