Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: No SD Card support in Google Nexus 5

No SD Card support in Google Nexus 5

Why Google has removed SD Card support from Google Nexus 5? This is not good. I read somewhere that the phone is not having a SD card support in it. Which means we have to totally rely on the internal storage itself. If it is full then there is nothing you can do. Sometime this space is not more for taking backup and for storing HD files. It is a very important feature which is removed by Google. Are the new models are same like this.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: No SD Card support in Google Nexus 5

This is in the design. Nexus 5 has no memory card slot. Whatever you have to add, add in the built-in 16GB storage only. I am a gamer. And I like to install new Android games. I have HTC One X which has 32GB storage. It is quiet enough for me.

I had installed games like Asphalt which has round 1GB of data files. I remove once it is completed. You also have to do the same thing. For audio and video try streaming.

Streaming works well if you are on a high speed network. But if you are on are regular 2G then streaming through cloud storage is pathetic. I had kept my audio and video files in Google Drive. I had installed the app on phone and I use that to stream the files. It is quiet slow on 2G. Cloud Storage is not a good choice. There must be an external card support available or else the usage is limited.

Quote Originally Posted by hackman View Post
    This is in the design. Nexus 5 has no memory card slot. Whatever you have to add, add in the built-in 16GB storage only.
    16GB according to me is more than enough. You will not be able to store HD movies on it, but still you can store tons of song, images, apps and few games. That is the only thing you can do. You can download ample of new thing on Google Play. For keeping your important file better keep it on cloud storage. I am only talking about office files and images. Others you can keep in the phone.