Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Do i need Micro SIM or Nano SIM for Nexus 5

Do i need Micro SIM or Nano SIM for Nexus 5

Nexus 5 is going to release soon. I am waiting for the final release. Till yet it is not confirmed that the phone will come with which kind of sim slot. Will it be Micro SIM or Nano SIM. What it will be actually. Many say that this new device will have Nano SIM. I have a MicroSIM card. How can I make it Nano SIM. I cannot find cutter for that.

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Re: Do i need Micro SIM or Nano SIM for Nexus 5

I think there will be both choices. There is not a huge difference between both the sim. Nano SIM is a bit smaller compare to MicroSIM. But you can use both. There must be some option available.

I had seen some high end phone in the market comes with a SIM tray. If your SIM is too small then you can connect it to the tray and insert it in the phone. It is the easiest way. I think the device will have Micro SIM.

Re: Do i need Micro SIM or Nano SIM for Nexus 5

The device is not released. Mostly it will have a MicroSIM. Because that is the common slot commonly available on all high end Smartphone’s. Nano sim is used by Apple devices before and I had yet not seen any high end model with that. As the device is not released the specification is also not confirmed. The primary thing which is highlighted about the device is it is new OS. Which is Android Kitkat?