Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Need Nokia Lumia File Manager

Need Nokia Lumia File Manager

File manager is one of the most common apps for mobile phone. But Windows Phone platform does not have any. It is so annoying. Even Symbian has a good file manager through which you can do many things. It is very easy to locate files and send through Bluetooth.

I had used some android phones which has rich file managerís applications. I want one for Nokia Lumia. I tried o find in Windows Store, and found a paid application. So just want to confirm should I get it or not. Or there is a free application available.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Need Nokia Lumia File Manager

No Lumia device comes with File Manager. There are some application but they are not so helpful. The apps have no right to explore the internal directory. I had used a mobile long before that ha Windows Phone 6.1 OS and it has a file manger application. But in the new Lumia which has Windows Phone 8 you donít get file manager. Many Lumia users are facing problem with this thing.

There are some simple file managers which can help you. Download Pocket File Manager. This is a paid tool. It offers you to view pdf files also.

The second one is DHQ File Manager. It is also simple file manager software through which you can simply check the internal components. This file manager also has an ftp support. There are some third party tools but I am not sure about the name.

Why Microsoft missed such an important feature. Compare to that if you see in Android you have advance tools. You can also checkout the internal system files. Now the only option left o checkout the internal files is through sub cable. You can connect the device to your pc and you can see the internal components in the form of removable storage media.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambheer View Post
    I want one for Nokia Lumia. I tried o find in Windows Store, and found a paid application. So just want to confirm should I get it or not. Or there is a free application available.
    Well, now no more installing paid apps. Here is an Official File Manager for all Windows 8 and 8.1 smartphones. You can download the same from Windowsphone store.