Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: What is 'Other' Storage in Nokia Lumia 920

What is 'Other' Storage in Nokia Lumia 920

I got a new HTC 8X today. The phone is amazing. It came with Windows Phone 7 OS. After connecting that to my wifi I received the new Windows Phone 8 update. So I ran the setup. It went well. After that I was just checking out all new things in the device. Inside Settings there is a Storage section. In that I can see other. What does this storage refer too? The total size occupied by it is 1.25GB and it looks locked. Is this the ROM of device?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: What is 'Other' Storage in Nokia Lumia 920

This looks some kind of problem. I am also looking for a reasonable solution. When I went on web to find out solution for the same I found a blog that says this is a bug. The other storage occupies a huge amount which remains lock.

Now this does not has photos, videos, games or app. But still it remains lock and does not provide you any accessibly. Some apps which you remote create temp files that are stored. I think this space is that. Try to check for new updates.

This thing is added by the new update. Whoever has run the new firmware update will have this thing listed in the Settings > Storage. Now Microsoft is not saying anything about his. You cannot remove it or use it. I am trying to find some App that can help me to unlock this. As per as developer this thing will be resolved when new update is provided for your device. Until that time you have to wait back.

Some time ago I was using an app called as Shrink Storage. This app is really great offering you option to work with the internal storage. The app is updated and offers you more new things. You can free lots of storage through this app. It does not make significant changes, but can help you relapse some amount. I had not yet tested this app back, I will recommend you to check the same once in your phone.