Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Internet Explorer 11 Freezes and Crashes after updating to Windows 8.1

Internet Explorer 11 Freezes and Crashes after updating to Windows 8.1

After upgrading to Windows 8.1 I am facing problem with the web browser. I was using Windows 8 before. Then I got the new update for Windows 8.1. The updated was fine. It went proper at the time of setup. When the system reboot I did not faced any error. In my system I am using internet explorer as my default web browser. When I launch it and open new pages it crashes. It is not working fine and it is not allowing me to do anything.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Internet Explorer 11 Freezes and Crashes after updating to Windows 8.1

Looks like a buggy update. Now there is no way to restore the old Windows back. What you can do is download Internet Explorer from web. Download it and run the setup over existing.

Sometime it happens that the update is not compatible with old files. You can simply run the setup back again and fix the files which are damage. If this also does not work then try to use some other browser.

There can be various reasons behind the crash. Check out the add-ons first. If there is any additional toolbar or add-on installed in your browser remove it. Re-installing the browser will not help. You have to find out the exact cause. You can go in Event Viewer to locate more details on the error. Event Viewer generate a log report that give you detail information on the crash. It will tell which file is causing the issue. That will be easy to troubleshoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Arular View Post
    After upgrading to Windows 8.1 I am facing problem with the web browser. I was using Windows 8 before. Then I got the new update for Windows 8.1. The updated was fine. It went proper at the time of setup. When the system reboot I did not faced any error. In my system I am using internet explorer as my default web browser. When I launch it and open new pages it crashes. It is not working fine and it is not allowing me to do anything.
    Turn off the addon and reset the browser settings. This will fix the issue. You can do that from the Tools menu. Disable all the settings and then try back. Now there is now way re-install it, because it is a default browser and it is not listed in Control Panel. Try to find out more new updates. You can do that through Windows Update. Run it and see if you can find any compatibility update associated with internet explorer. It will resolve the problem and will give you proper output.