Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Why did Microsoft removed Windows RT 8.1 update from Windows Store?

Why did Microsoft removed Windows RT 8.1 update from Windows Store?

Why Microsoft is not offering Windows RT 8.1 update from Windows Store ? I cannot see that. I want to install this and on my system. My friend has updated two weeks ago and he advice me also. But I was not sure about the stability and busy with others things. But now when I went inside Windows Store I cannot find the same. I had seen this before. Is there any other way to find the same. I think this is the easiest way.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Why did Microsoft removed Windows RT 8.1 update from Windows Store?

You can get that if you have a device that runs on Windows RT. The issue was only restricted to some devices. I found a long reply posted by Microsoft guy on the official forums. It says clearly that the update was suspended due to some bug. And it is only for some devices. But for others it still available. The same will be available soon but what time no one knows.

Compare to the regular version, there are very few users of Surface RT. And some of them reported issue with the new update due to which Microsoft removed it. After installation the update cause the device unable to boot. So this is some kind of serious bug. If the update was available it must have cost issue in many other devices. I am also waiting for the same thing but can't find it.

That is removed because of installation problem. You can get it back after sometime. You can wait back. Windows 8.1 offer you a quality output compare to the older one. There are new changes which will surely improve your device output making it boot faster compare to older times and you can also customize the lock screen. The update is available for free download. But once the bug is removed it will be provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyguy View Post
    The same will be available soon but what time no one knows.
    Well the Windows RT 8.1 is already back again to Windows Store couple of days ago. Microsoft has already posted the announcement on thier form as shown here:

Quote Originally Posted by saanz View Post
    "The update to Windows RT 8.1 is once again available as a free download in the Windows Store for users with Windows RT devices. We immediately suspended availability of the update after reports that a very small number of Surface RT customers—around 1 out of every 1,000 Surface RT 8.1 installs—had experienced an issue that left the update incomplete and their devices unbootable. This was due to a rare situation where firmware updates had not completed at the time of the update to RT 8.1.In most cases, if a customer encountered this issue the result was simply an extra reboot. However, for a very small percentage, the boot configuration data was affected which prevented a successful boot. We worked to quickly resolve the issue and now encourage customers to update their Surface RT devices. Surface Pro and 8.1 customers were not impacted by this issue."