Thread: Windows 8.1 Update Error "0xC1900101 - 0x40017"

Windows 8.1 Update Error "0xC1900101 - 0x40017"

I am getting this error after when I had done with downloading Windows 8.1 update. How to fix Windows 8.1 Update Error "0xC1900101 - 0x40017". When I am trying to install this I am getting the error on the screen. I cannot find any option to get rid of the same. I am trying to update my existing Windows from 8 to 8.1 and I thought this will be easy by running the setup. But it fails.

Re: Windows 8.1 Update Error "0xC1900101 - 0x40017"

It is a bug in the update itself. You have to wait back to get a final fixed update. I am trying the same thing but still the error remains constant. It work well if you go ahead with Windows update. That will work I think.

And also Microsoft is offering you an iso file on the web that you can burn on a DVD and run the setup. It is the best way to install the same. If that is not available then wait back to get fix.

Re: Windows 8.1 Update Error "0xC1900101 - 0x40017"

Quote Originally Posted by F. Sage View Post
    I am getting this error after when I had done with downloading Windows 8.1 update. How to fix Windows 8.1 Update Error "0xC1900101 - 0x40017". When I am trying to install this I am getting the error on the screen.
    This is an old error. Still there is no solution for the same. I am also looking for an active solution. But it works when you are installing or upgrading Windows 8.1 through the iso file. Some says the problem lies with the internal driver. An added driver is causing the problem. Microsoft is not offering any reason behind the problem. I had seen some question posted on the official forum. As per a senior Microsoft person the issue lies with some pc only. Some internal drivers are buggy with the update causing the problem.

So here installing Windows 8.1 from scratch is better. It can be reasonable and will give you proper output. Now there is no a direct testing tool available which can tell us what is the issue. Because most of the update are simply released instantly and provided via Windows update. You can do one thing. Disconnect all the hardware and then go ahead with setup. You can run the setup back again by updating your system drivers also.