Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Windows 8.1 'RECIMG is not recognized'

Windows 8.1 'RECIMG is not recognized'

Can anyone here please tell me how to get rid of RECIMG not recognized error on Windows8.1 RT? I need some solution for that. Does RECIMG come in the new update. I am trying to run the same through command prompt and I am doing that under my admin account. So if it is available then this must work. But when I try to run it gives an error. I had used the same in the older version which works really fine. I want to create an usb recovery here.

Please help.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Windows 8.1 'RECIMG is not recognized'

I am using the same and it is working in my system. It is included in Windows 8.1 RT. But there must be different set of parameters. So here you have to use them to build up a proper image file. RECIMG help you to create an usb recover drive which is easy to restore the system when it is not working.

The built in wizard is easy to manage. I rely on a third party system more because it is more reliable. The internal utilities are not so effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Smith View Post
    I am trying to run the same through command prompt and I am doing that under my admin account. So if it is available then this must work. But when I try to run it gives an error. I had used the same in the older version which works really fine.
    If you are unable to find that then try to locate a hidden partition in your system. A number of systems comes with recovery partition. So there is no need to create the same. It is stored and hidden so that other software and virus cannot m modify the same. So I think it is already available. For that you can go in Disk Management and checkout all the partitions in the system. There can be a 3 or 6GB space configured for recovery.

You can download that separately from web if you want and use it in your system. The utility allows you to create a recovery image that can be used later on to restore windows back again. But somehow it is being removed or moved. For Windows 8.1 I am using free system image maker software.

It has created a file which is kept in the separate partition and can be helpful for restoration. I was expecting advance solution in terms of recovery from the new Windows 8..1 update.