Thread: Unable to install/configure BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) on Android smartphone

Unable to install/configure BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) on Android smartphone

Hey guys, i need some help from you.

As you all might be aware that finally the BlackBerry Messenger BBM is not available for Android, i downloaded it from Google Play yesterday on my phone but i'm not able to configure it. I saw many guys have already downloaded and started using it but i'm trying to do it since yesterday, so far no success.

To make it much easier to understand, i have created screenshots, please have a look at let me know what to do:

Any Idea what is wrong?

Re: Unable to install/configure BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) on Android smartphone

There is nothing you have to do in this, Hutch. As it is clearly mentioned in the screenshot 3, they will inform you on the email when the load becomes low for new users. As you might be aware, the BB servers were overload earlier because of the leaked version of BBM on Google Play. So the user que has become very long and Blackberry is settling down the same.

Hence they have kept all new users in que and will probably start accepting new users were soon. You may need to wait couple of days.

Re: Unable to install/configure BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) on Android smartphone

Quote Originally Posted by !!Master!! View Post
    Hence they have kept all new users in que and will probably start accepting new users were soon. You may need to wait couple of days.
    You were correct Master, i finally got my BBM started.

Blackberry sent me a message today confirming for the same saying "You has reached the front of the line and has been granted immediate access to begin using BBM on Android". Thereafter i configured the BBM and is now working great.

By the way, thanks a lot for your help.

I installed it right the day when it released, used it for 2 days and uninstalled again. I must says BBM for Android is not as good as the original BBM we have used it on our Blackberry phones. We get the same features what we are already using in WhatsApp messenger. Comparing these both i found Whatsapp far better than BBM. Also to me BBM looks very resource hungry on Android phones. I'm happy with the WhatsApp itself.