Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Lava Iris 504Q Android 4.3 JellyBean Update

Lava Iris 504Q Android 4.3 JellyBean Update

Hi guys,

I have found here several helpful post with Android devices like firmware updates, custom Roms, etc. Now i need a similar help for my Lava Iris 504Q. I'm using this phone since its release (been over 2 months). I must say it is the best phone so far from Lava but i'm getting bored with the same UI since past 2 months and need a change. As most of the devices now a day's have started getting Android 4.3 update, i wanted to know when is Lava releasing the same for Iris 504Q? As it already game pre-loaded with 4.2.2 i guess the next update for this phone should be Android 4.3.

Any idea on this? Thank in advance.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Lava Iris 504Q Android 4.3 JellyBean Update

I think you will need to continue with the same user interface for more weeks or months because there is no announcement or any sign from Lava about any firmware update for Iris 504Q.

Although, if you want you can go with any Custom ROM running on Android 4.3. But let me tell you that i haven't found a single such Custom ROM for this phone so far. So to me it seems like you cannot apply this method as well.

See if you can find any Android 4.3 based firmware for Iris 504Q.

Quote Originally Posted by lesio View Post
    As most of the devices now a day's have started getting Android 4.3 update, i wanted to know when is Lava releasing the same for Iris 504Q? As it already game pre-loaded with 4.2.2 i guess the next update for this phone should be Android 4.3.

Any idea on this? Thank in advance.
    I'm not sure but i read somewhere that Lava was planning to release a FOTA for Iris 504Q by the end of this month but it is already 25th and yet there is no announcement or sign of FOTA from the manufacturer. If it was true than, as you said, obviously Iris 504Q should get 4.3 update. Anyways, there is yet a week to go in October, hope Lava released the FOTA.

zeddo

I think the news was true, saanz, because Lava posted that message on their official facebook fan page. See this:

We can expect the same soon as there is just a week to go for the end of October 2013. Lets wait and watch.

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoy View Post
    Although, if you want you can go with any Custom ROM running on Android 4.3. But let me tell you that i haven't found a single such Custom ROM for this phone so far.
    Well i tried searching several places but didn't found any custom rom installation for this phone. Can any one please give me one if it is available for this phone model.

You searched several places but did you search this forum? There are two guides provided for Custom ROM for Lava Iris 504Q. Check the following articles:

Update Lava Iris 504Q with Iris Xperia Rom V3
    install IrisCanvas4 Custom ROM in Lava Iris 504Q