Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to book Railways train ticket from Mobile without Internet

How to book Railways train ticket from Mobile without Internet

How to book a train ticket without the use of internet using our Mobile? I guess there would be some SMS stuff because i have seen SMSes which are used for checking status of any PNR number. I am unable o find anything for the same. Is there any specific number on which we can call and book the ticket?

The online website is very slow. Most of the times it takes really long time to book ticket on it. I am looking for some offline process which can instantly help me to book tickets.

Any help will be appreciated.

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Re: How to book Railways train ticket from Mobile without Internet

Everyone is familiar with problem with our Indian Railway website. It is slow and it is awful. It takes long time to book a ticket and sometime you have to sit hours before booking the same. I am still not able to understand that in today’s advance technology our government is following the same age old technique. They are not ready to upgrade them. I have some solution through which you can try to book your tickets offline. Before our Indian Railway provides a 139 SMS service to book and confirm tickets through a mobile phone. But this still looks less useful. Now there is one more way. You have to follow my instruction properly for that.

• You require a registered account on IRCTC Website.
    • You should have access to MMOD and OTP via single mobile number. The same number must be also registered on IRCTC website.

So if you have this entire thing then we can move ahead with booking tickets. Here you have to take care about two things. First MMID and OTP. This is used for Interbank Mobile Payment Services. You must take care while using the same. You can get MMID from bank. This is a unique 7 digit number which is used for making payment through mobile phone.

Process:

• Send a SMS on 139. The format must be like this: BOOK <TrainNo> <FromCity> <ToCity> <TravelDate(DDMM)> <Class> <Passenger1-Name> <Age> <Gender> <Passenger2-Name> <Age> <Gender> (Upto 6 passengers)

• If the format is proper you will get a SMS back. It will give you the Ticket amount with Seat Avaibility information and payment mode. There is a SMS PAY Number with IMPS and OTP space. You have to also add the IRCTC User ID on it. So the format will be like this: Trans Id: 34004567 Ticket Amount: 2220 IRCTC SC: 11.24 Total Amount: 1121.24 Seat: AVAILABLE-0085. For Payment SMS PAY <34004567> IMPS <MMID> <OTP> IRCTCUserID to 139 to book ticket.

• If you are ok with the ticket you can use the payment format which will be sent on 139. The format for that is – PAY <Transaction ID as received> IMPS <MMID as received from bank> <OTP> <IRCTCUserID>

• If everything goes well you will receive a confirmation SMS. This includes the train detail and departure time.

• And if you want to cancel the ticket you have to send CAN <10 Digit PNR> <IRCTC UserID> to 139.