Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: iPhone 5S and 5C will start shipping with Airtel and RCOM from November 1st

iPhone 5S and 5C will start shipping with Airtel and RCOM from November 1st

I found an article here stating new iPhones will start shipping from November 1st in India but i'm posting this as i found some new information. Today to major Telecom providers of India Airtel and Reliance Communication announced that they will sell the new iPhone 5S and 5C with their network starting 1st November across India.

As of now none of these companies have revealed the Pricing because Apple itself has not announced the price so far for India. But we can expect the iPhones around Rs. 45,000 to Rs. 50,000/- if the dollar rates remained constant.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C will start shipping with Airtel and RCOM from November 1st

Just one question. As we already know iPhone 5S supports LTE and Airtel has LTE network in few major cities of India, i wanted to know whether we can use the Airtel LTE with these device?

Good question buddy. Even i am keen to know about this. As far as we can think, i guess it should work on Airtel LTE.

Anyways, Just few days to go. It would be really great to see iPhone 5S running on LTE in India.

Hey guys, by the way do you know the prices for these iphones?

Well, Apple has finally revealed the same and they are:

iPhone 5S 16GB : Rs.53,500/- and iPhone 5S 32GB : : Rs.62,500/-

iPhone 5C 16GB : Rs.41,900/- and iPhone 5C 32GB : Rs.53,500/-

Quote Originally Posted by krish View Post
    Just one question. As we already know iPhone 5S supports LTE and Airtel has LTE network in few major cities of India, i wanted to know whether we can use the Airtel LTE with these device?
    Unfortunately it does not work.

I myself tried by inserting airtel LTE SIM onto my iPhone 5s, but since Airtel LTE is not supported LTE carrier according to apple website it does not show "Enable LTE" toggle in cellular_data option.

Since I had cut my SIM into nano-SIM, I had to get duplicate SIM from Airtel to put it back onto my WIFI router. Damage - Rs 50/-

Thats really disappointing to hear that LTE is not working. By the way, from where did you got the iPhone 5S so early in India.. i mean the release was on November 1st, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fadil View Post
    Thats really disappointing to hear that LTE is not working. By the way, from where did you got the iPhone 5S so early in India.. i mean the release was on November 1st, right?
    I got mine from a friend from Hongkong, model is A1530(only model which supports TDD LTE band)