Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Windows 8.1 not available in Windows Store

Windows 8.1 not available in Windows Store

Where to find Windows 8.1? I am trying to search it in the Windows Store. I think I am not searching it properly. I want to upgrade to Windows 8.1. I had seen some features of it which is amazing. But for that I have to first upgrade my system. I thought this would be easier. I will just have to go in Windows store and click on upgrade. But this thing is not visible.

Why Microsoft is not offering it for a free download through Windows Store? Please help me out with this.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Windows 8.1 not available in Windows Store

I do not think so. You will have to download that separately. Now there are two ways to install the same. The first can be done through regular setup. All you have to do is download the iso file and extract. And click on the setup.exe. You can choose upgrade from the setup and follow the screen instructions. That's all. The second is installing everything from scratch. That adds more stability to the system. Because there are chances that some old application or software might clash with new upgrade.

Microsoft never gave any Windows update via Windows Store. You can download that from the official site. The edition which is released in the market is a preview edition called as Windows 8.1 Preview. I had given the link below. You just have to download the file and run the setup. This is a complete iso file which you have to download and install it in your system. Just check your system requirements before moving ahead and do not forget to take data backup.

Even I cannot see the same in Windows Store I did a manual download and ran the setup. I am right now running Windows 8.1 Preview. This looks a bit more optimized this time. The search bar is more enhanced in this. You need a good internet connection to use all the features.

Apps are more optimized with amazing interface. Windows 8.1 is featuring an interface towards touch support. Customization is added benefit in it. It is better if Microsoft give this through Windows Update.