Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Windows 8.1 Installation Error: "The update is not applicable to your computer"

Windows 8.1 Installation Error: "The update is not applicable to your computer"

Hope somebody from here can tell me how to fix this error. The update is not applicable to your computer. I am trying to install the new Windows 8.1 on my system. And I am getting this error on the screen. I am running the setup through the iso file which I downloaded from the official site. And it worked well on my friends system. But when I try to run the same setup on my pc I land on this error.

I am having Windows 7 and my friend suggested me to use it, for new features. But this thing fails to install. What should I do?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Windows 8.1 Installation Error: "The update is not applicable to your computer"

What is your hardware requirement? It is essential that you must check that first. It looks your system is having a low hardware config due to which you are not able to install Windows 8 on your system. It is necessary that you must try running a fresh setup only when your system has enough hardware to run this operating system. You can find the requirements on the web. If it does not match then you cannot use it.

Re: Windows 8.1 Installation Error: "The update is not applicable to your computer"

There can be other reason also. It can be due to the base language. The language of your operating system.

I had seen the error on a system that has a Spanish language as primary and the user has installed English language pack over it. So due to base language the setup failed. You have to find that first and on that basis you have to download the iso file. This new OS has multiple language support. Try to run a fresh installation through a DVD. I am sure that will work.

This type of error appears if you have Windows 8 Enterprise version installed in your system. There are some conditions due to which you cannot use this operating system. The OS has support for around 14 different languages. You can choose that as per your need.

Now if an upgrade setup does not work then there is one more thing you can try. You can try installing it through a DVD. Burn the iso file on a DVD and boot your system with it. And then run the installation. Do not forget to take your data backup before doing this.