Thread: How to uninstall IE 11 and revert to IE 10 in Windows 8

How to uninstall IE 11 and revert to IE 10 in Windows 8

After upgrading to Windows 8.1 I got the latest version of Internet Explorer 11 in the system. But I do not like it much. I want some way to remove this and install the old one back. I am quiet addicted to Internet Explorer 10.

I am trying to find out some options to do the same but not able to get anything. Can anyone help me to find out a way to get the old Internet Explorer version back? I tried to find out certain options inside but not able to locate anything.

Re: How to uninstall IE 11 and revert to IE 10 in Windows 8

What issue are you having with the new Internet Explorer web browser? It looks to be better. Being a new version it provides you more stability and it works fine with many html5 website. Even if you manage to get the old version back you will have to upgrade again in future. So try to learn the same.

To be frank you cannot remove it. It is a bit complicated to wipe it out. Internet Explorer 11 comes installed by default in Windows 8 and you cannot remove it. You cannot find the removal inside Control Panel > Uninstall program. There is some third party software on web that act as IE remove and can help you to get rid of the same. Try to find one. And after removing and installing the old version back, do not run Windows update. If you do that IE will be automatically updated to a new version. IE 11 in Windows 8.1 preview is big buggy due to which people are not happy with the output.

If you are having any compatibility problem with the new IE 11 with websites, you can make your browser work like older version of Internet Explorer. To do so open desktop version of Internet Explorer and hit F12. Click Browser Mode IE11 from the developer tools.

This will bring up the list of browsers saying IE7, IE8, and so on upto IE10. Simply select the one where you bank’s website was working well and you are done.