Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to fix forgot Pattern Lock in Android

How to fix forgot Pattern Lock in Android

Pattern lock is widely used by many. But a number of time you or our friend tries wrong login on it. Due to which it gets permanent locked. There is no way to access the back menu. This is one of the most major issues with Pattern lock. But there is an option available through which you can unlock it without email and without internet. Recently my friend brought this mobile two me. He forgets the pattern to unlock it. Now the internet was not working. Even after trying to add the email id a number of time but it failed to work. When the phone is locked, you have to sacrifice the internal app data.

When you start the Android phone for the first time creates a user data. This user data has all information associated with your email, login, chat logins, etc. And by wiping out that the phone will start working fine. The lock will be removed. So the step is simple here but different in device. You will have to boot your device in Recovery mode for that. I am showing a common way of doing this. This is one of the most common processes which are applied to every device.

Steps to unlock your device from pattern lock:

• Turn off the phone. Remove the battery and keep it aside for some time. Around 5 minutes.

• Then insert it back and then press Volume up + Volume Down + Power key.

• The phone will boot in recovery mode. In that you can use the volume key for navigation.

• Use the volume key to go up and down and choose wipe data. This is also factory reset. This will wipe out the phone messages, contacts and every. From here you can also try wipe out User data.

• Wait for some time and restart your phone. The next time when the phone boots up you will get the home screen back.

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Re: How to fix forgot Pattern Lock in Android

Using pattern screen is so complicated. It just locks everything and allows nothing to do. I thought there will be some easier way available to unlock this. The email thing also does not work in it. I had lost many contacts just due to that. The device was accidentally locked and I forget the pattern also.

I tried your method, it worked. But I lost everything in the phone. The internet settings, email configuration, etc. Luckily my memory card data is not deleted. It remains intact. I hope in coming time there will be more easy process available for the same.