Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How do install keyboard input language in Nokia Lumia

How do install keyboard input language in Nokia Lumia

Nokia Lumia devices offer you smooth interface and amazing features. The device works on Windows Phone OS which is best for professional usage. Along with this the device are also loaded with great multimedia abilities. They do not fall back in photography also. A new edition which is Lumia 1020 released recently offer you 41MP camera and amazing camera features. Almost all Lumia devices are durable and a realizable solution for day to day job.

In this short tip I am going to show you how you can change the keyboard input language. Compare to Android, we are having very straight forward settings in this. You can add multiple input languages. But you cannot change the keyboard like in Android. I had seen a very few apps like that. In Android you have tons of amazing keyboards with different languages and options. Windows platform lack that feature.
    Method to Install Alternative Keyboard:

• To add an input language go in Settings. You can find that in the menu and tap on Keyboard. The first screen which appear show you the list of language which is already installed on the phone.
    • To add a new one you have to tap on add keyboard.
    • Now you can see the list of available input languages. You can scroll through all to find out the language you want.
    • Once select there is a small checkbox before the language. Select it.
    • A add button will appear. Tap on it and done. Download time depend on your internet connection.
    • Once the language is downloaded you will be back on the old screen .
    • The download works well in the background. When the download is over the language will be installed.
    • When you choose install, the phone will reboot after the setup to apply proper settings.
    • There is will a short update screen which will appear. Wait back until it is completely over.
    • Now to use you just have to tap at the bottom row where you can find an icon for changing the language. You can scroll through different languages in it.
    • If you are not happy with that then you can remove it also. For that you have to go again in Settings > Keyboard. Tap on the language and hold for some time you will get a remove button.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How do install keyboard input language in Nokia Lumia

It is right that you cannot find some good keyboards for the same. I found one called as Slydr which is called as Sliding Keyboard. It has some integrated languages which we can use and has a smooth output. Have a look at this:

I am using this and found this bit helpful. I had tested this one. But compare to this the default one is good. I am looking for a more featured keyboard through which I can instantly type emails. If you want you can download Slydr from here.