Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Android 4.3 Firmware Update now available for HTC One

Android 4.3 Firmware Update now available for HTC One

So here is a Good News for all HTC ONE users. The device has received the new Android 4.3 update. The update is started rolling out for all devices. This was first found in Taiwan and then I think it is available on all regions. This is a new OTA update that adds more new benefit to the device. Whoever owns HTC phone has to go in Settings > About Phone > Software Update and check for new updates. T

The new benefits of this updates are still not clear. It might enhance the phone performance and add more things. I tried to locate information on the features, but it looks HTC has kept things secret.

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Re: Android 4.3 Firmware Update now available for HTC One

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyguy View Post
    The new benefits of this updates are still not clear. It might enhance the phone performance and add more things. I tried to locate information on the features, but it looks HTC has kept things secret.
    Hey Funnyguy, it is no longer secret. Here is the complete list of features and Build Number we are getting with this new Firmware update for HTC One, have a look:

What about India. I had checked the update is not available. This update is not provided for all regions. It looks HTC has just started the update roll out and slowly they will provide the same to all region. I tried to check in the software update a number of times, but nothing is found.

Is there a manual way available to find the update? Like downloading it in the form zip file and running the setup from recovery mode. HTC One looks a very different model. My friend can run an update through zip card in his Galaxy mobile through recovery mode, but in HTC One this is difficult.

Android 4.3 is a new Jellybean update. This new update has some extra features. I can give you the features which are by Android, but I am not sure what HTC is going to add in this. The new 4.3 update provide you virtual surround sound features. That means you enjoy movies and songs more clearly on it. The surround sound effect enhances the sound quality giving out amazing output. The dial pad has an added advantage of auto-complete. By typing a few starting number on the top side of dial pad you can have the full number which you have to tap. And also the keyboard is enhanced.

I am also waiting for the new updates but not able to get any info on the same. The new build number after the update is 3.18.709.2 and the total size is 512MB. So this does not look a major update. I had seen a short description on some news site which says that this new update adds more benefit to the gallery and camera. A

lso with the update HTC is going to receive the new Sense 5.5 version. This has some extra features and smooth performance. The update will add more stability and make the device perform better. I am just waiting when this finally launches in India.