Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to play Facebook Games on Lumia 920

How to play Facebook Games on Lumia 920

Lumia 920 looks a bit buggy with Facebook games. I am using the FB app here. To open Zynga Poker I am using the web version. I am using IE which is the default browser in this device. Now when I try to load the game, it shows me nothing.

I want a fix for this. Is there any app or update available through which I can play Facebook games on this device?

I am not able to find anything. I thought Lumia 920 would be amazing for viewing different website. But the story is different here. Is there anything we can do to fix the issue.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to play Facebook Games on Lumia 920

The problem lies with Adobe Flash. This device is not having Flash support due to which you cannot launch those games. Even I am trying the same on Lumia 620. But YouTube videos work really well. I hope in coming time we can get certain update that can restore the problem and allow us to play FB games on the device. The same works well on Android. My friend has HTC Wave. He is using this from long time and plays all Facebook games on it. The screen is small but at least he can collect new updates instantly from the devices.

Quote Originally Posted by parin View Post
    The problem lies with Adobe Flash. This device is not having Flash support due to which you cannot launch those games.
    I can show the way to play those games. It is correct that Lumia 920 does not support Flash. But it supports HTML5. And many large websites are switching to that. You are able to view YouTube videos on Lumia devices, because YouTube has already starting providing its video in HTML5.

Flash is a third party software. To view flash banners, videos, games, etc you need a flash update. And it also slows down the device. So developers came up with this new idea of using HTML5. To play facebook games you have to download flash for your device. If you have the same you will need to update that. Microsoft offers a update for that.

That is the reason I am unable to get any videos from BBC. I am viewing the same site on my tablet which is a Samsung Galaxy Tab and it opens up well. But when I try to view the same on Lumia 920 it fails. For videos I tried various things. I am still trying to find the flash update. Microsoft says that they have a flash plug-in for IE. But it is for the desktop version. After searching a lot I found a application called as Flash Video . I bought it and it is able to play certain YouTube videos.