Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: WhatsApp not working on wifi

WhatsApp not working on wifi

On my Micromax Canvas mobile phone I am not able to use WhatsApp. My mobile internet pack is expired. So I had connected the device to my office wifi. Everything works fine except whatsapp. Does anyone know about the problem behind this?

My friend is having a Galaxy Y phone on which the same thing is working. Is there is any specific settings required to configure WhatsApp on Wifi. I tried to find inside the settings panel but there is nothing listed. Can anyone simply help me to hook WhatsApp on my Wifi. I do not want to uninstall it. As I will lose all the chat history.

Please provide some help.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: WhatsApp not working on wifi

I am having HTC One and whatsapp works fine with WiFi. There is an issue with the messages here. I am using it on Wifi. I have a Data pack plan also. But when I reach home I turn it off and hook the device on home wifi. And everything works fine. I just tap on the data pack icon an disable it from the notification bar. Thatís all. I think the app is able to identify the existing internet connection. It looks there some issue in your device settings. Go in the wifi or internet section and see what all options you find. I think there is a settings that allows apps to access mobile data only. Some kind of choosing network preference. Disable that and try back.

Quote Originally Posted by krupal View Post
    I am having HTC One and whatsapp works fine with WiFi. There is an issue with the messages here. I am using it on Wifi. I have a Data pack plan also. But when I reach home I turn it off and hook the device on home wifi. And everything works fine.
    I am also not having any problem while using WhatsApp on my mobile phone over wifi. My device is not having any mobile data pack. Whenever I enter my office the wifi is automatically connected and I receive messages instantly. Now there is one solution which will help you. This kind of issue appears if you are on a Captive Network. This network requires a login. A

ll you have to do is type the IP address of your router or model in the web browser of your mobile phone. In that type the login and password and give ok. Thatís all the internet access will be provided. You can collect more information on the captive network from web.

Quote Originally Posted by Youth View Post
    On my Micromax Canvas mobile phone I am not able to use WhatsApp. My mobile internet pack is expired. So I had connected the device to my office wifi. Everything works fine except whatsapp. Does anyone know about the problem behind this?
    Go in your phone settings and under wifi see whether you can find a message as connected or not. Turn of your wifi and turn it on again. You must get a message on the screen that you are connected. If there is limited connectivity, or authenticating error, the you will have to locate your login details. Which you can find in the router page. Sometime this problem also appears when DHCP is not working or when it is disabled. You have to add a Static IP in your device with manual dns. Now at the time of typing wifi password you get more options. Tap on that and manually add a IP address. For dns you can use any open dns.