Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Android 4.4 Kitkat Release Date

Android 4.4 Kitkat Release Date

Can anyone here tell me what is the release date of new Android operating system Kitkat? Still it is not confirmed that this is the actual new version of Android operating system or just a minor update to Android 4.3.

I had seen common term in number of different websites which says that Kitkat is the upcoming version of new android OS. But what is the release date. Also can anyone list me the unique features which can provide more light on the OS benefits. And which devices are finally going to get this new update. I hope there will be some information available on the same.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

zeddo

Re: Android 4.4 Kitkat Release Date

Most of that news are just rumors. There is no confirmation available from Google’s end. Kitkat is said to be the new version. But many say that it will be 4.4 instead of 5.0. So this looks an extension of Jellybean OS or Google is not going to come up with any new OS.

As per certain blogs this is a next generation os which has new features and it is also capable of giving out more better performance. Batter is counted as primary stuff here. Battery will be more improved and the OS will be much lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Heer View Post
    Can anyone here tell me what is the release date of new Android operating system Kitkat? Still it is not confirmed that this is the actual new version of Android operating system or just a minor update to Android 4.3.
    The release date is not yet sure. But this new update is going to be provided on Nexus 5 & Nexus 10 devices. No other devices are planned to receive this update. Even if this new update is released there is no chance that your device is going to have it. I had mostly seen cosmetic changes done by Google. They just tend to make the device UI lighter and better with a little advantage. It is being said that Kitkat is going to come pre-installed in certain new devices which will be launched by Google soon. Till yet the latest Jellybean update is not fully implemented in every device.

Hi,

What you're saying is pretty true, if there's any update of Android it will be exclusively for the latest Google devices and some high-end models of the most popular brands before it become available for the rest of the market.

Regards.