Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Best App Locker software for Lumia Smartphones

Best App Locker software for Lumia Smartphones

I need a good app locker for my Lumia device. I searched a lot on the official store but not able to find anything. I am looking for good app locker software through which I can lock certain apps. Especially the one in which I get my emails and facebook updates. Also Whatsapp. I do not want anyone to read my messages.

I had tried to locate this app, but on some site this is payable. Is there any free app available? My friends were telling me to buy android instead of lumia. Now I understand the reason why.

Re: Best App Locker software for Lumia Smartphones

There is no such app available for the device. But there are some apps which can work like that. It is really hard to find a good application for Lumia devices. There are a set of few apps only.

Compare to Android I do not think Lumia devices are going to have any better app in future also. Now to lock the application the one which you can try is lock manager. This is a paid app but it offers you a trial to test out the features. Just try this one.

Quote Originally Posted by desidude View Post
    Now to lock the application the one which you can try is lock manager. This is a paid app but it offers you a trial to test out the features. Just try this one.
    The app which you had listed is a lock screen app. It does not work for any other. I want something through which I can lock my messages, whatsapp, fb app and mails. My friends borrow my phone and they peek into my personal messages. I do not want that. A number of times I forget to wipe out the chat history. I cannot keep on doing this again and again. I need an app that simply gives a password error when someone tries to open it. Is there any app which can do this?

Well there is no app like that. But Lumia mobile phone comes with parental control stuff called Kids Corner. Through which you can block certain access. You can find that in settings. When you turn it on it ask you the block stuff that you donít want others to see. It is usually designed for kids. Who tries to mess with phone and cause various issues?

So you can try testing out the parental control settings here. For application there is nothing available. It is a waste of time to search on Windows Store.