Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Firmware update crashed on Xperia, how to fix

Firmware update crashed on Xperia, how to fix

I need urgent help here in fixing my Sony Xperia device. I got info from my friend on new Firmware Update. I was running that through Sony PC suite. The update was going well. But in between my modem went off because of my cat. She bumped on the table and messed up with the wire. The update crashed in between. When I restarted the phone it stucked on Sony Logo. It is not moving ahead at all. How can I resolve this problem. Sony service center is very far from my place. And does this thing is counted under warranty.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Firmware update crashed on Xperia, how to fix

The issue can be resolved by using Sony Update Service. Go on the below link and download the update service. It is around 38MB in size. Run the update service and Connect your phone back with USB cable. The service might ask you turn on your phone by holding certain key combination. Run the update back and the problem will be resolved.

This software is made specially for Firmware Updating only, hence it is much effective the PC Companion. This time take care. Let the update run properly.

Download Sony Update Service (SUS)
    Follow us on Facebook | YouTube | Google+ | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Light View Post
    The update crashed in between. When I restarted the phone it stucked on Sony Logo. It is not moving ahead at all. How can I resolve this problem. Sony service center is very far from my place. And does this thing is counted under warranty.
    Your phone is bricked. There are two ways to fix the issue. The first one is using Sony Update Service which is mentioned above and the second is Sony PC Companion. Sony Update Service is a easy way but if it give you any error then you can move ahead with Sony PC Companion. Connect your phone and turn it on. Go to the update section. Follow the screen instruction. Let the update work. If the phone is connected properly and detected, Sony PC Companion will overwrite the existing OS and update it with new one.

There is one most important thing I want to share here. I had faced the same thing when I was trying to update the phone on a mobile wifi. I had connected my laptop with it and due to network failure the update crashed. But hopefully I was able to restore it back via Sony Update Service. It is the best way to fix bricked phone. For that you will need to turn off your antivirus for sometime. Do the same thing for Firewall also. Just turn it off unless the complete update is downloaded and installed or else it might crash again.