Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: New features in Sony Xperia Z Ultra Firmware Update 14.1.B.1.510

New features in Sony Xperia Z Ultra Firmware Update 14.1.B.1.510

Sony Xperia Z Ultra got a new firmware update. The version is 14.1.B.1.510. I need some information on the features it offered. What new things are provided by it? I had seen many people complain about performance issue after running fresh updates. So just want to move ahead only if anyone has done this and are not facing any problem.

Can anyone really know what new things this update is going to add in the device? And what if I avoid the update. Will that cause any security problem?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: New features in Sony Xperia Z Ultra Firmware Update 14.1.B.1.510

This is a major update. And it is recommended to run. The update does not have any effect on the device performance. It is capable of giving you smooth output with more stability. If the update is not properly run, you may face bugs and problems.

It is necessary that you follow a proper method of updating your device. The new update will not do any major changes in the UI but it adds a new kernel which is necessary to enhance the phone output. Important feature of this update is that it offers you an X-Reality support for the mobile phone. It also offer you a text input support on the exiting keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy S View Post
    Can anyone really know what new things this update is going to add in the device? And what if I avoid the update. Will that cause any security problem?
    Hello Jimmy. Here is the complete list of new features you will receive with Update v14.1.B.1.510 for Z Ultra:

In this first image, you can see the build number, kernel and firmware version:

In this second, image you can see the new feature provided by Sony, "X-Reality for Mobile". This makes your Videos and Image output much much better. Infact this is the technology which Sony uses in their high end televisions.

Now this is yet another new feature, which i have never seen before in any smartphone or any Android version. Now when you tap on Manage App settings icon, instead of drop down menu with just three options, you get a brand new Side Bar with several Apps management options. Quite impressive from my point of view:

So far we were able to use just one small widget on our home screen, as we have seen in Xperia Z or Z Tablet. But on Ultra with the new 14.1.B.1.510 update, we can run multiple widgets all together as you can see the image below:

Apart from these major changes, they have also enhanced the clock, Xperia Keyboard, and more. It is really a must have update. Sony, please release these features for Xperia Z as well.
    Follow us on Facebook | YouTube | Google+ | Twitter

I had done the update and the phone is working fine. There are certain changes in the phone ui also. Like the background of settings panel is turned to grey and it was black before. The new update replaces Mobile Bravia Engine 2 with X-Reality. So that you can get a more better output and clear video resolution. After updating the video quality is more improved and the photos quality is also very clear. For those who are using Screen Mirroring will not have to check under Xperia Connectivity section. Additional changes in the UI are that it provides you a slid out bar that loads up more option to configure.

The only problem with this update is that you cannot update it on wifi or over mobile internet package. It is done via Sony PC Suite.

At first I was trying to find out the update but not anything. I thought this was not released for my region. Later on when I was taking a backup through PC Suite I got the popup for the same. I ran the update. I will support the update. It is good and enhances the phone performance with some additional changes under input settings.