Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: What is new in Sony Xperia S, SL and Acro S software update v6.2.B.1.96

What is new in Sony Xperia S, SL and Acro S software update v6.2.B.1.96

What new thing Sony is offering in its new update. I am able to track the version number here. Which is 6.2.B.1.9. This update is released for Xperia S, SL and ACros S. All of them feature android operating system. This is the first time I am seeing a new update for this kind of devices. I am looking for detail information of what does it offers and what are the benefit of running this kind of updates. I am unable to locate any information on the same. The issue lies with the region wise update details available. Because yet I had not received any information on my phone. I had checked the software update section also that remains blank still.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: What is new in Sony Xperia S, SL and Acro S software update v6.2.B.1.96

I was not aware about that at all. I am trying to find the update information on the same. I am actually having Sony Xperia E and the thing which I know that an update is released for all models with new bug fixes. I am still stuck with the problem of slow phone here.

The existing OS is not as good as expected. I had found an update process via Sony’s PC suite software. And it worked well. But that add nothing to the device. It still remains the same and has the same slow problem. I hope Sony would be capable of working on the performance issue in its new update.

The update is region wise. That means it is not going to be available at all places. The phone is officially announced for Xperia S, SL and Acro S Smartphone’s. You can find the news on the same on web. This is a new Android 4.1 based update. This will enhance the operating system and also fix a number of bugs in the devices. The update is mostly targeted for bug fixing stuff. That means devices will be working better this time. But Sony is not officially offering this update to every part of the country . That would be limited to some place only.

After searching a while on the same I found the update is first to be rolled out in Nordic Countries, some part of Asia including India, and UK. But yet in India no one has got this.

I can provide more light on the update thing. I can give you a bit detail that can helpful to decide whether you can go or avoid it. Most of all this kind of updates is recommended. But if did not received in your phone, you can update the same via Sony PC suite. The first thing this update is going to do is offering a solution for white balance issue in these devices. It also enhances Quick Launch. Many were facing problem with using it. And after update Quick Launch will work properly.

Another important aspect of this update is fixing lagging issue while playing a 1080p video. Even I agree with the same. The issue still exists and hopes after update this will be better. Additional benefit you will get is better Active Sync output, stable 2G Mobile Data connectivity, enhanced power saving, etc. Overall the update is great for devices.

Quote Originally Posted by NokDroid View Post
    I am looking for detail information of what does it offers and what are the benefit of running this kind of updates. I am unable to locate any information on the same. The issue lies with the region wise update details available.
    Here is a short list of fixes this update will give you. I had extracted the information from all articles:
    • White Balance Fix
    • Quick Launch Fix
    • Smooth Full 1080p Video Performance
    • Exchange Active Sync Performance
    • 2G Network DATA Stability
    • Ram management on 3rd party apps update
    • Power Saving
    • Long Press Support to launch Google Now.
    • Double Tap for Recent Apps
    • Volume Up button fix