Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Total War: Rome 2 Save Game Location

Total War: Rome 2 Save Game Location

Hey guys i have a very quick questions. Hope you guys can help me out soon.

So as the title says, i just wanted to know where is the save file location or directory for Total War Rome 2? Me and my friend bought this game together, i am playing this on Windows 7 and he is on XP. Fortunately my game is working good probably because my Rig is much higher than the requirements of this game, but he had received BSOD thrice so far after playing the game for 4 hours. And now his system is just not booting up.

So he has installed the game on another machine, it is also XP and wants my Save file so that he can continue his game without starting it from beginning. I doubt if the Win 7 save will work on XP? But before that i wanted to know where exactly is the Save games for TWR2 is located on Windows 7? I tried searching it on my system but didn't found it anywhere. Please let me know soon.

Thank you.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Total War: Rome 2 Save Game Location

Well i am not playing the game as of now, infact haven't ordered for the game copy yet, but i have played all earlier titles of Total War. So depending on my previous experiences, i guess the Save Games for this game are saved under the same hidden folder named "AppData" on Windows 7 / vista and "Application Data" in Xp.

Hence, you are not able to find it. To get to the save directory of Total War Rome II, you will first need to change the windows explorer settings to "Show Hidden Files and Folders" by going to Windows Explorer > Organize > Folder and Search Option > View > and Check Mark "Show Hidden files and folders". Once done, check any of these directories depending on your operating system:

Windows 7:
    • C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\P rogram Files\The Creative Assembly\TWR2\saves
    • C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\P rogram Files (x86)\SEGA\TWR2\saves

Windows XP:
    • C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\TWR2\
    • C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\TWR2\saves.

Hello F.Sage, you seem to be huge fan of Total War series, i mean its been just few hours and you guys already played thegame for couple of hours

I think the save files for Total War Rome 2 should be located at the following locations:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Pro gram Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome II\Save_games (Windows 7 and Vista)
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Rome II\Save_games (Windows XP)

Not sure, but you can give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by F. Sage View Post
    I doubt if the Win 7 save will work on XP? But before that i wanted to know where exactly is the Save games for TWR2 is located on Windows 7?
    It doesn't matters whether you have played the game on XP or Vista or Windows 7, or even Windows 8, game save files are just save files, they work on any Windows operating system. I dont know about Xp but on Windows 7, you must get the save games at C:\Users\accountname\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome 2 or at C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome II- Total War\saves.

Hope it helps.

Can anyone here please let me know where do the game saves its save files on steam?

You should probably get it at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rome 2\saves