Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Windows Phone 8 Amber Update Features

Windows Phone 8 Amber Update Features

The amber update has started for the windows phone 8 devices. The update is currently launched for the lumia 925. Other lumia handset like lumia 920, 928, 520, 620 and others are also going to get the update very soon. The Amber software by Microsoft would enhance the performance of Nokia smartphone running on the windows phone 8 OS. I gathered some important and new features provided with the same, have a look:

The processing of image would be better with the update. The update includes Nokia smart camera with better features and clicks. The update includes a better FM radio for the lumia handset except for lumia 620. One of the major features for the new updates includes a new glance screen would be available for the big display memory handset.

There would be a double tap option enabling to unlock feature and a better storage check. After the update you would be able to enable silence mode by the flip to silence option. The update would help in scrolling thorough HERE maps much more faster. The update would be available for you very soon. Check the update section of your lumia handset to install the updates by the end of September.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Windows Phone 8 Amber Update Features

Hi, Could you provide me few more details of the amber update? I am using nokialumia 520, could you tell me When would I get this update? I was hoping to update my handset with some good features, glad that nokia is sending the update soon.

Re: Windows Phone 8 Amber Update Features

Quote Originally Posted by Sabhya View Post
    Hi, Could you provide me few more details of the amber update? I am using nokialumia 520, could you tell me When would I get this update?
    As you know they have already started rolling out the update, as of now it is available for Lumia 928, 925 and Lumia 920. Hopefully they will soon reveal it for other lumia phones as well.