Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Is 'Mobile Panic Button' application helpful for women's safety

Is 'Mobile Panic Button' application helpful for women's safety

Hi, I saw a small article regarding mobile panic button now available for android. I dint really understand what it is? Got any idea? Is it like some emergency button that you can press during any problem? Is this app only for android or available for windows as well?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Is 'Mobile Panic Button' application helpful for women's safety

With concern for the women’s safety the SMART group has launched a new app named the ‘panic’ button. This app is exclusive for the android smartphones and is not yet launched for windows. SMART has considered your handset for not just calling, listening to music, surfing etc. but has ensured to make it a tool to provide you safety in time of emergency. Lately due to many issues with the women this app was designed to make the women feel more secured.

Image courtesy: ThinkDigit

Quote Originally Posted by SachinG View Post
    Hi, I saw a small article regarding mobile panic button now available for android. I dint really understand what it is? Got any idea? Is it like some emergency button that you can press during any problem? Is this app only for android or available for windows as well?
    The Smart24x7 would allow you to communicate more easily and faster with your Family, Employers, Doctors or Security Personnel and Agencies at the time of emergency. This app would help in reducing the fear of sexual harassment or any kind of fear arising at college, work place or anywhere you go. This is a good way to curb violence against women. How effective this app is going to be, could be found only after certain time.

I am not really surprised with this app? With the increasing crimes against women such apps need to be designed and put into practise to curb the violence against women. I dint get how this app works? Could you give me the details?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    I am not really surprised with this app? With the increasing crimes against women such apps need to be designed and put into practise to curb the violence against women. I dint get how this app works? Could you give me the details?
    That is the main factor of this application. This is how it works:
    • In case of emergency like – assault, ragging, eve teasing or any kind of harassment they can press a button in there phone.
    • On pressing the button an emergency alert system get activated sending multiple message, images, videos, your location, sound bytes to the people you want to inform.
    • The settings are to be made beforehand while installation.
    • You can also contact police, medical and fire support during emergency using this app.

Women safety is indeed a growing concern in India. I have also come across quite a few apps for the same cause. SOS stay safe is one app that I really liked. I just have to shake my phone to send alerts when I need help.