Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to install Canvas 4 'Blow to Unlock' feature in other Android Phones

How to install Canvas 4 'Blow to Unlock' feature in other Android Phones

Micromax canvas 4 has created a huge sensation in the market recently. Micromax has displayed some really great features in the canvas 4 which is now sought by other handset users. The application “blow or shake to unlock” is one such application which is splendid and many of the users of other handset are trying to get this app in theirs.

This application can actually be installed in your android handsets too. Provided your handset has MDPI or HDPI. The app would work in other handsets too but there are certain conditions to it. So there is no 100% surety that it would run in every android smartphone. However there is no harm if the application wont work fine on your phone. You can simply give it a try.

Here are few simple steps to install the Blow to Unlock app in any of the Android smartphones:

• First of all connect your phone via USB to your PC
    • Download the blow to unlock app and install it in your SD card of the phone.
    • Follow the usual steps that you carry out while installing any application to your phone.
    • Open the app homepage and choose the lock to enable the blow air/shake to unlock lock app.
    • Press the button to put of the screen
    • After some time click the unlock button. Blow and unlock the phone. The app has been successfully installed in your handset.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to install Canvas 4 'Blow to Unlock' feature in other Android Phones

This app is something new in the market and itís great to know that micromax has come out with some innovations in their handset. The canvas 4 has a great performance and doing really well. Hope to get some more new application like this to enhance the user experience further.

Did anyone tried it on any non-micromax phones? Is it working fine?

I just tried it installing on my Lava 504Q. The icon appears on the lock screen but it is not working good. Here's what happens exactly. When you press your unlock button, the Blow to Unlock icon appears on the screen for a bout a second and the screen gets unlocked itself. We dont even get time to blow air or to slide the screen. It gets unlocked automatically.

This is not the way of its functionality, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fulton View Post
    When you press your unlock button, the Blow to Unlock icon appears on the screen for a bout a second and the screen gets unlocked itself.
    A very similar problem with me on Galaxy Note 2. In my case sometimes it unlocks the display automatically as you said but sometimes no matter how many times i blow the air or tap the screen, or slide the screen, the device wont unlocks at all. I need to press again and again the unlock key, then once it unlocks the screen.

Hence i removed the app. Seems like it works only on Micromax phones.