Thread: How to install Galaxy S4 Custom Rom on Galaxy Y S5360

How to install Galaxy S4 Custom Rom on Galaxy Y S5360

Hi, I have this Samsung galaxy Y handset. The phone is quite good and has great number features. I have been using it for quite some time now. I wish to install the S4 custom Rom that is available for this handset. I am a bit confused about the installation steps. Could you help me out with it?

Re: How to install Galaxy S4 Custom Rom on Galaxy Y S5360

The steps to install S4 Custom Rom For Samsung Galaxy Y is quite simple. Follow the procedure here and you should be able to install without any problem.
    • Start by downloading the ROM File and CWM Recovery.
    • Press volume up+ power button+ home button together. This would reboot your phone.
    • Select update SD card and then CMW. madteam .Zip
    • Select the wipe data option and then yes wipe cache.
    • Select mounts and storage in cwm and mount all four options there – data, sdcard, system and cache.
    • Click zip after going back and then Rom.zip from sd card.
    • Get done with installation by going back and go to reboot recovery from advanced option.
    • Once you are done with all the above procedure click update in sd card option and after that cmw.madteam.zip.
    • Again mount all four things as done before.
    • Once again go to sd card and select install zip. Choose zip from sd card then FLASH_FILE.zip.
    • Final step – reboot now

If you reach till the last step then you have finally installed s4 custom ROM.

Re: How to install Galaxy S4 Custom Rom on Galaxy Y S5360

Here is one important note. If you are currently on other Rom first revert back to the stock Rom. If you dont know how to do the same, check this tutorial:

How to install Original Stock ROM back on Samsung Galaxy Y: http://goo.gl/QODGkX