Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Nokia Lumia phones to get Amber Software Update in August

Nokia Lumia phones to get Amber Software Update in August

I am using Nokia Lumia 920 and the phone is really awesome in terms of hardware specs and the look and feel of this phone is really incredible. I purchased this phone last year and till date there is no update for Windows 8 phone. I heard about some software update to be released for Windows 8 phone and now need to know the details about this update which is about to roll out for Windows 8 phone.

Re: Nokia Lumia phones to get Amber Software Update in August

Yes, you have heard it correct that Nokia Lumia phones will get new software update soon this year. Amber software update is said to be rolled out in August this year. Amber software updates has many features which will come in to effect after updating your Nokia Lumia.

Amber software update will bring new lock screen to all windows 8 phone devices which would show the clock, battery status and the ringer volume on the screen even if your phone is in stand-by mode, also there will be double tap unlock mode available with this update. So overall this will prove to be the best update and also there is no update in Windows phone like Android. Users using Windows phone too need some change in UI and this Amber software update will fill the place of that.

Thanks Nokia, finally got some thing for my phone. My friends uses Android based phone and they get updates at regular interval and so was really depressed because of this so wanted to get some changes in Windows phone too. Now finally after reading the post above feeling relax and now I am desperate to get this update on to my phone. Thanks a lot for information.

Nokia Lumia phones are the only windows phone running successfully in the market and so keeping in the mind about their users, Nokia has decided to release a software update to all Windows 8 phone of Nokia Lumia. It was twitted by the Nokia Spain that soon by the August this Amber software update will be released and all the Nokia Lumia users can have this software update in their respective windows 8 phone. Nokia Lumia 925 is the only phone which will be shipped with this software update.

Amber software updates has many features which will come in to effect after updating your Nokia Lumia. Amber software update will bring new lock screen to all windows 8 phone devices which would show the clock, battery status and the ringer volume on the screen even if your phone is in stand-by mode, also there will be double tap unlock mode available with this update. So overall this will prove to be the best update and also there is no update in Windows phone like Android. Users using Windows phone too need some change in UI and this Amber software update will fill the place of that.